Growing bigger and better
Our business growth strategy is to create long term value and achieve long term success in energy and infrastructure development in the country. It is based on following trajectories of development that capitalizes on our core competencies as well as builds on them by diversifying into related segments.
Our strategy –
- Optimising returns and earnings from existing assets by effective management of resources.
- Augmenting Power Generation capacities by a combination of organic growth, suitable acquisitions and allotments. The Company has targets to develop and own around 500 MW of new Hydro Electric Power Projects at an approximate capital outlay of Rs.7000-8000 crores in the next 5-7 years.
- Increased development and commercialization of value-added engineering, project management consultancy and end to end single-window solutions for energy development as well as infrastructure projects.
- Targeting new businesses from other renewable energy sources such as co-generation business from Bagasse and Biogas.
- Retaining sustainable competitive advantage by focus on constant improvements within time targets.
Over the next 5-7 years with an approximate capital outlay of 7000-8000 crores, EDCL aims to:
- Own and develop 500 MW of new hydro power
- Be the leading partner for the development of hydro power in the country
- Own and develop new wind power
- Tap emerging opportunities in the renewable energy sector
- Provide consultancy in infrastructure development with strategic partners